What is Intimate Area Lightening?
Initially made popular by the adult film industry and adopted by Hollywood movie stars as nudity became more commonplace, intimate area lightening is now becoming more mainstream along with Brazilian waxing and laser hair removal. Many people find the discoloration of the male and female intimate areas off-putting. Although the discoloration is completely normal, many people prefer to lighten the area so that it matches the rest of their skin.
Hyperpigmentation can be exacerbated by other factors such as the natural process of aging, hormonal changes and pregnancy, infections, and a number of other medical conditions. Anything that causes excess heat, inflammation, or friction can cause areas of the skin to darken. But penile, vaginal, and anal whitening can remove this hyperpigmentation after just a few treatments.
Flawless Med Spa anal bleaching treatment takes about 20 minutes. Depending on how dark your skin is, you may need to reapply a number of times to see results and additional treatments from time to time may be required.
- Two days prior to treatment, discontinue using any topical medications. If in doubt about using any product, please discontinue it and discuss with the practitioner at your appointment.
- Shave before appointment.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex virus (cold sores or fever blisters), in rare instances a reactivation of this condition could occur after treatment. Please inform your nurse or physician so that an anti-viral medication can be prescribed before the treatment.
- During the first 5 days post treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid scrubs, clarisonics, luffas, microderm crystals, wash cloths or anything abrasive. any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- Anything that produces heat in the skin should be avoided for five days: hot baths, steam rooms, saunas, hot showers, UV exposure, and hot tubs. the gym should also be avoided for 24-48 hours.
- Cleanse the skin the following morning post-treatment with our gentle cleanser. The skin should be kept clean (cleanse twice a day) to avoid contamination or infection.